Monday, July 26, 2010

Movies this week.


Although i have left this place to rest in peace for a while, but i cant seem to get nostalgic about the days when i was hooked to writing on my blog and there were many people appreciating as well as criticizing the posts i wrote.

Last week was hectic, but i always manage to entertain myself and what better way to keep yourself occupied than to watch a movie! My second best place after home would be cinema hall. I love the aura of it. Darkness all over, people concentrating and willing to bid their precious time to see the characters and story that are fictional.

Anyway the day before my English exam, I saw Udaan - a touching portrayal of a boy who struggles to fight for his own dream in the film. A movie which i could possibly say the most underrated and beautifully made by Vikramaditya Motwani.No one was willing to produce it, but thanks to audacious Anurag Kashyap who believed in the story of the film and now its soaring the skies.The film received wonderful responses both from the critics as well as the audiences (which is a very rare case,mind you). The film also received a standing ovation in the Cannes film festival.

My Sunday morning was dedicated to another 'hyped' and talked about Christopher Nolan's "Inception". The movie is brilliantly executed, the concept could have been totally whitewashed or ignored by the audiences but thanks to the director and the lead actor Leonardo Di Caprio who carried this surreal film of Dream Vs Reality so well that you cannot dare to move your eyes from the big screen (until and unless you dont get the film). The film is like a dream and you wouldn't want to wake up from it. The funny part is, I saw this movie the day before my accounts exam. :D

I deserve to fail in exam, but who cares? As long as life is treating you with the magic on Big Screen. Au revior! More posts by August.

1 comment:

Roshni said...

Reading your blogs has made me realise one thing that you are Passionate about Cinema ....behold dear...if you are really so interested in script writing and film making I would advise you to just follow your heart and pursue your passion with dedication.